Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Pop it Ups Spooky Halloween Greetings

Hi everyone! I have another fun Halloween card made with Karen Burniston's new Pop it Ups dies to share with you today. I can't tell you how much I love these new dies! The Iron Fence Pop Up is seriously one of the coolest dies of all time. As I've shown you in earlier posts, it lies completely flat when the card is closed, and then arches out as the card is opened. Genius!

Here's a better angle that shows how far the fence pops out. So cool! For this card, I cut the slider arm mechanism from clear acetate, so it's virtually invisible. The piece that holds the slider in place is cut from the background paper, so it just about disappears into the background as well. I embellished the card with bats and crows cut from black cardstock using the dies from the Halloween Scene set. The little pumpkins are made by cutting the loops off the charms from the Halloween Charms set. I love dies that do double duty!

Another favorite from Karen's new release is this spooky bat stencil. I used black soot distress ink to cover the front of the card with bats, then added layers cut using yet another fave - the Labels and Circles set. It's hard to see in the photo, but the labels are all popped out using foam dots, which gives it a lot of dimension.

The color is a little wonky in this video, but you can really get the full effect of the pop up as the card is opened. Have I mentioned how much I love these dies?? Here are a few of the other cards I've made with them:
Spinning Bat
Spooky Night Scene
Pop-Up Tombstone

The dies I used are available now at Elizabeth Craft Designs. You can find the other products I used at Simon Says Stamp via the links below.





Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you're not getting tired of my Halloween projects - I'm just getting started! ;-)

3 comments:

  1. OK kiddo, this is coming to my house. Thanks for your sharing. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vey cool card! I love that you embossed the fence. It looks very iron-like that way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!